Skip to main content

To Mrs.Sanders

Subject : Guide Me to Find My Way to My Dream
To : 
Dr. Lisa Sanders
Internal Medicine Physician
1450 Chapel Street, Ste Department of Medicine,
Primary Care Residency Private 3

New Haven, CT, 06511

Dear Mrs. Lisa Sanders,
Lisa Sanders, MD 
Ever since I found out about you from your show “Diagnosis”, I have always been curious and interested about your job as a physician and helping people’s medical cases on the New York Times. I love your work and I would be delighted to have the opportunity to interview you. My interview questions will be referred to how did you handle the obstacles of becoming a physician, how has the documentary and novel of “Diagnosis” cause an impact to you and your world, and your advice to those who are struggling of wanting to do multiple things they have a passion for at the same time. 

Since I was about 6 years old, my dream is to become a pediatrician because of my love for children. In my junior year of high school, I was an intern at the West Contra County Medical Services. During that time, I had the opportunity to job shadow many medical professions. When I observed a fellow pediatrician, I knew this career is the one for me because I was so mesmerized by the medical procedures, terms, and I loved seeing many precious patients. My goal for right now to be able to fulfill my requirements for pre-med at San Francisco State University and passing the MCAT in order have a higher acceptance to be enrolled in medical school. Hopefully, once I receive my residency and my MD, I plan to travel the world to help children who are in need of care because of the improper treatment from unmotivated doctors, the lack of care from the health care system, and the limited health care facilities nearby. 

Luang Namtha, Laos
My cousin from Luang Namtha, Laos is currently suffering from an unnamed common blood condition. His following symptoms are jaundice, dizziness, and weak strength. He would have monthly appointments to receive blood. But sometimes, the treatment doesn’t improve his condition at all. I have a feeling that there is another treatment that is more effective. Personally, I am frustrated and have a desperate need of helping those who are in my nephew's position and those that are under a difficult or complicated position. In Laos, the health care system lacks of accurate diagnosis, treatment, and policies. For example, if a doctor misdiagnoses and caused great harm to a patient, lawsuits cannot be held against them which I think is irrational. With my love of travel, my #1 dream is to become a pediatrician and hope to handle children with the proper care, treatment, and an accurate diagnosis they need. 

We both have similar interests of being in the medical field and our passion for helping others. I hope I will be able to have the opportunity to interview you and get to use some of your feedback and knowledge as a way for myself and others to guide ourselves to those who are in my position.

With thanks,
Christina Ounniyom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of "The Hmong and the Secret War"

Map of Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia Vang Pao, the general of the Lao Army In this review of “The Hmong and the Secret War” published by PBS (Public Broadcasting Service). There are a few things I want to inform the audience beforehand. The word “communism” means a belief of economic equality by eliminating all private properties and providing equal shares to everybody. A small country called Laos is located in Southern Asia and is between Vietnam and Thailand. And China above them. There are several minority groups in Laos such as Tai Dam (Tie Duhm), Iu Mien (Meihn), Hmong (Mong), Khmer, and more . The CIA stands for Central Intelligence Agency. The audience are those who have watched or is watching the documentary, no matter who it is. And those who want to be informed about this hidden historical moment in Laos. The audience who will watch the documentary will leave them with shock, information they have never knew about, change the perspective of America and possi